ensuring the best future for your body and our planet
Blue Heron Botanicals is committed to sustainability
Our products have always been made with reverence for planet Earth and all of its inhabitants. Blue Heron Botanicals strives to reduce our impact on the earth while positively impacting our community by creating wellness products that are good for your body and the planet.
All of our products are safe, effective and made with fresh, high quality ingredients derived from nature, created using time-honored traditional herbal medicine making methods. Our ingredients are chosen specifically for their natural healing qualities, as well as being minimally processed, organic and locally sourced. Blue Heron Botanicals products are intended to embody the region we call home and deeply nurture the mind, body and spirit.
What makes BHB the sustainable body care choice ? • We highlight and source local ingredients to create the foundation of our products. We start looking in Northern California and work our way out. Ingredients such as; Sweet Orange, Grapefruit & Lemon essential oils, Extra Virgin Olive oil, Sweet Almond oil, Jojoba oil, beeswax, Pacific sea salt and Kombu seaweed, are all sourced within California! All ingredients are clearly listed on our website along with their origin.
• Our eco-tubes are 100% biodegradable and home compostable. These innovative tubes replace the commonly used plastic lip balm tubes and salve tins. This makes our Organic Lip Therapy and Healing Herbal Salves zero waste products! Our salve labels are also 100% home compostable, utilizing biodegradable adhesive and tree free sugar cane fiber.
• All of our packaging is 100% recyclable or reusable! We encourage our customers to reuse our tins and glass jars as reuse is a more sustainable option than recycling.
• Our farm and production location is off-grid. We are totally reliant on the solar energy and respect our natural resources and use them only as needed. This means that all of our herbal infused oils are solar infused as well; never cooked on a stove top or in a crock pot.
• We only use ingredients that are locally sourced, certified organic, fair trade certified, wildharvested, or grown in our own garden. We never use anything grown with chemical fertilizers or pesticides, or any synthetic or chemical ingredients.
• We are committed to waste reduction. We first reduce our intake of waste then we reuse and then recycle everything that we can. We also do most of our business transactions electronically unless otherwise requested, to reduce the use of paper.
• We use 100% post-consumer waste recycled paper or sustainably sourced wood for all of our displays, packaging, business cards, and other paper needs.
Contact Us By Mail : Blue Heron Botanicals 1062 G St., Suite E Arcata, California 95521 By Phone: 844. 344. 1906 or 707. 601. 9929